• Lufthansa Group posts nine-month operating profit of EUR 849 million and confirms projected full-year operating profit of EUR 1 billion • Substantial progress in reducing costs • Service companies report encouraging results • Group’s member airlines’ sales and distribution structures to be harmonized • Economic slowdown affects 2015 profit projections: operating profit for 2015 should be significant improvement on 2014
• Supervisory Board approves order for ten Airbus A320ceo aircraft for Eurowings • Executive Board proceeds with development of a new long-haul platform • Long-haul concept focussing on the leisure travel segment with up to 14 Airbus A340-300s operating under Lufthansa brand • Lufthansa Technik AG invests €60 million in a new facility in Frankfurt
Improved cost structures and lower depreciation help increase operating profit by EUR 41 million to EUR 114 million / competitive pressures on fares, devaluation of the Venezuelan bolivar and pilots’ strike depress second-quarter results / Lufthansa Group to slow capacity growth for the winter period and go on the offensive with new innovation and quality drives / profit outlook for 2014 and 2015 confirmed
• World’s biggest aviation group aims to regain benchmark role and cement its position as first choice for customers, employees, investors and partners • Optimized structures, quality and innovations to derive greater benefit from broader market growth • New platforms and products planned for intercontinental services and the European market • New “Lufthansa Innovation Hub” to be established in Berlin • Intensified partnership with Air China completes set of joint ventures in biggest non-home markets • Outlook projections confirmed for 2014 and 2015
• Revenue risks materialise in passenger and cargo business • Increasing excess capacity puts pressure on prices for European and American routes in particular • Operating profit for 2014 adjusted to approximately EUR 1 billion
• EUR -245 million reported operating result for the traditionally weakest first quarter is a EUR 114 million improvement on the prior-year period • EUR -190 million quarterly operating result adjusted for non-recurring items represents a EUR 105 million year-on-year improvement • Lufthansa Group confirms expected annual operating profit for 2014 of between EUR 1.3 and 1.5 billion
Operating profit for 2013 amounts to EUR 697m and rises to over EUR 1bn when adjusted for non-recurring effects / Realignment of several corporate divisions is on track / Shareholders at Annual General Meeting to vote on dividend payment of EUR 0.45 per share
• Score on track: Group has achieved targeted earnings improvement well • Adjusted operating profit up by 62 per cent to EUR 1.042bn • Group’s reported operating result comes to EUR 697m • Particularly in passenger business and MRO results performed well • Shareholders to receive a dividend in 2013
• Karl Ulrich Garnadt to become Member of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and CEO of Lufthansa German Airlines • Peter Gerber nominated as CEO and Chairman of Lufthansa Cargo AG • Dr Bettina Volkens, Member of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Director of Industrial Relations, responsible for Corporate Human Resources and Legal Affairs also to become Board Member and Chief Human Resources Officer at Lufthansa German Airlines.
The Supervisory Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG („Lufthansa“) has appointed Carsten Spohr as the future Chairman of the Executive Board & Chief Executive Officer during today’s meeting. The 47-year-old, who currently oversees the business segment Lufthansa Passenger Airlines in his capacity...