Lufthansa welcomes the result of the Vereinigung Cockpit ballot
• About 80 percent approval to the collective labor agreements brings long-term tariff peace • In 2018, more than 500 junior pilots will be employed
A change on Lufthansa’s Supervisory Board
Carsten Knobel suggested as a replacement for Werner Brandt
Lufthansa makes further concessions to EU Commission
• Takeover of Niki no longer pursued • Offer to give up further slots for still intended takeover of Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter (LGW)
Passenger volume of Lufthansa Group airlines increased by one third in November in comparison to last year
• Strong growth in passenger volume is among others caused by six days of strike in the last year • 10.1 million passengers flew with the Lufthansa Group Airlines in November • Passenger volume increased by 32% compared to previous year’s month • Seat load factor improved by 2 percentage points...
With 111 million passengers Lufthansa Group exceeded last year’s total number already in October
• 12.2 million passengers flew with the Lufthansa Group Airlines in October • Passenger volume increased by 16.7% compared to previous year’s month • Seat load factor improved by 0.4 percentage points up to 81.4% • Point-to-Point Airlines have more than doubled their offer compared to October...
Lufthansa Group strengthens financial base with its best-ever nine-month result
January to September 2017 • Adjusted EBIT raised EUR 883 million to EUR 2.6 billion • Revenues increased EUR 2.9 billion to EUR 26.8 billion • Free cash flow improved over 80 per cent to EUR 2.8 billion • Net financial debt reduced more than 80 per cent to EUR 521 million Full-year outlook...
Lufthansa Group submits a concept for establishing a re-structured Alitalia
The Lufthansa Group has submitted an offer letter today, expressing its interest in establishing a "NewAlitalia". Lufthansa has opted not to make an offer for the complete Airline but has stated interest in only parts of the Global network traffic and European and domestic point-to-point business....
Contract for the purchase of parts of Air Berlin Group signed
• Lufthansa Group acquires NIKI and Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter • Purchase is subject to approval by the competition authorities • Purchasing price of approximately 210 million euros agreed on
12.7 million passengers flew with the Lufthansa Group Airlines in September
• Passenger volume increased by 17.8% • Seat load factor improved by 1.4 percentage points up to 83.8% • Currency adjusted pricing environment was positive again • Airlines continue to set new records for passenger numbers and load factors
Lufthansa and Vereinigung Cockpit sign long-term collective labor agreements
• Comprehensive package includes all open issues as agreed in March 2017 • 15 per cent structural reduction of cockpit staff costs • Reduction of pension liabilities by a high three-digit million euro amount; positive one-off effect on EBIT 2017 • Hiring and career prospects for junior pilots...
Change at the top of the Lufthansa Supervisory Board
Wolfgang Mayrhuber resigns from office – Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley elected as new Chairman
12.5 million passengers flew with the Lufthansa Group Airlines in August
• Passenger volume increased by more than 17% • Seat load factor improved by 1.2 percentage points up to 85.8% • Currency adjusted pricing environment was positive again • Point-to-Point Airlines had a four times higher passenger volume on long haul flights than one year before
Lufthansa Group receives additional investment grade rating
Moody’s upgrades long-term rating to Baa3 and short-term rating to Prime-3
Lufthansa and German Government to support restructuring of airberlin
In order to continue with its restructuring, airberlin has filed a provisional insolvency proceeding in self-administration at the local court of Berlin-Charlottenburg today. Lufthansa is supporting the restructuring efforts of the airline jointly with the German Government.This also ensures...
Lufthansa Group airlines welcome 13 million passengers on board in July
• Increase in passenger volume of 17% • Seat load factor rises 0.3 percentage points up to 86.3% • Pricing environment develops positive again
New alignment of the Lufthansa Group leads to significant profit improvement
1st half-year 2017 • Best first half-year result in company’s history • Adjusted EBIT doubled to EUR 1.042 billion • Revenues raised by EUR 1.9 billion to EUR 17.0 billion • Free cash flow almost doubled to EUR 2.1 billion • Net financial debt more than halved to EUR 1.1 billion Outlook •...
Lufthansa Group with new passenger and seat load factor records in the first half of 2017
• Group Airlines welcomed around 60 million passengers on board in the first half of 2017 – more than ever before • Historical records were also reached for supply, sales and utilization • In June, the Group Airlines welcomed around 12 million passengers on board and therefore 18% more than one...
Lufthansa Group increases seat load factor by 2.7 percentage points
• Group Airlines welcomed around 11.6 million passengers on board and therefore 18.7 percent more than one year before • Currency adjusted pricing environment was positive
Lufthansa Group with 25 percent more passengers in April
• Group Airlines welcomed around 11.2 million passengers on board • Seat load factor has increased by more than six percentage points to 82.3% • Passengers flying with the Group’s Point-to-Point Airlines almost doubled compared to last year
Lufthansa shareholders approve every agenda item at this year’s Annual General Meeting
Around 1.400 shareholders attend the Lufthansa Group shareholder meeting in Hamburg