Lufthansa presents another excellent result at its annual general meeting and looks toward a digital future
• Carsten Spohr: “Lufthansa Group is on its way forward.” • Strategic reorientation of the group is showing results • Modernization and digitalization are being promoted rigorously
Lufthansa Group reports best first quarter earnings since 2008 for the first quarter of 2017
• Adjusted EBIT up EUR 78 million to EUR 25 million • Earnings improvement driven by service companies Lufthansa Technik and Lufthansa Cargo • Non-operating results amplify positive earnings trend • Revenue up 11.2% to EUR 7.7 billion through consolidation of Brussels Airlines and higher...
Lufthansa Group welcomes almost 10 million passengers on board in March 2017
• Increase of around 14% more passengers than the previous year • Seat load factor of 77.2% is a 0.8-percentage-point improvement from March 2016 • Pricing environment (excluding currency) developed slightly positive in March
Lufthansa Group successfully on track – 2016 again with good result
Financial results 2016 • Adjusted EBIT of EUR 1.75 billion including strike cost of EUR 100 million in line with the guidance and broadly on last year’s record level • Earnings mainly driven by positive development of passenger airlines • Total costs decline faster than fuel costs • Net...
Lufthansa Group transports 7.9 million passengers in January
Seat load factor of 76.0% is a 0.4-percentage-point improvement on January 2016
Lufthansa issues 1.2 billion euro promissory note
For the second time this year, Deutsche Lufthansa AG has placed a large-volume promissory note. The note was issued with maturities of five, seven and ten years. As a result, the group has secured a total of 1.2 billion euros in funding. Approximately half a billion euros of this amount has...
Etihad Aviation Group to forge new links with Europe’s largest Airline Group
• Etihad Airways and Lufthansa German Airlines agree on codeshare flights • Lufthansa Group to lease 38 aircraft from airberlin for its point-to point carrier Eurowings and its network carrier Austrian Airlines
Lufthansa and Vereinigung Cockpit agree on arbitration for the collective wage agreement
Negotiating parties aim to reach joint solution by the end of January
Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines: Shaping the future together
• Deutsche Lufthansa AG takes over 100 percent of SN Airholding • Brussels Airlines to be fully integrated into the Lufthansa Group as of 2018 and joining the Eurowings Group • Attractive home markets Belgium and Brussels and well-established Africa network will further strengthen the Lufthansa...
Lufthansa Group reports good nine-month results in a challenging market environment
January to September 2016 • Adjusted EBIT of EUR 1,677m close to prior-year level • Adjusted unit costs down 2.1 per cent • Successful steering and capacity measures limit unit revenue decline • Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, Austrian Airlines and LSG above prior-year levels • Financial...
Lufthansa signs letter of intent on wet-lease collaboration between Eurowings and Air Berlin
Negotiations on wet lease agreement of up to 40 Air Berlin aircraft for Eurowings and Austrian Airlines from the start of the 2017 summer schedule
Lufthansa Supervisory Board approves full acquisition of Brussels Airlines
Remaining 55% of SN Airholding to be acquired through exercise of call option – transaction to be concluded beginning of 2017
Lufthansa welcomes outcome of UFO referendum on new CLAs
• Broad approval within cabin crew union for result of mediation process ends long-running dispute over collective labor agreement terms • Foundation of social partnership laid for longer-term CLA peace
Lufthansa Group lowers costs and enhances financial stability
2016 first-half year results • Adjusted EBIT increases by 61 million euros to 529 million euros • Higher Adjusted EBIT margin • Total costs declining faster than fuel costs • Lufthansa Passenger Airlines key driver of positive development • Greater financial stability achieved Full-year...
Ulrik Svensson named new Chief Financial Officer of Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Current CEO of Swedish Melker Schörling AB to succeed Simone Menne
Lufthansa Group with earnings improvement in the first quarter
• Adjusted EBIT for first three months improved • Good result improvement at Lufthansa Passenger Airlines • Unit cost reductions compensate lower unit revenues • All business segments except Lufthansa Cargo according to guidance • Full year guidance confirmed
Lufthansa AGM shareholders approve all agenda items
The Lufthansa Group’s 2016 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg was attended by some 1,400 shareholders
Lufthansa draws positives at its Annual General Meeting after a difficult year
• Group result one of the best in the company’s history • CEO Carsten Spohr: “After safety, future viability is and remains our paramount objective. And we made a lot of progress here.” • Strategic group development to be consistently continued • Further investments in 2016 in service and product...
Strategic realignment progressing well: Lufthansa Group increases profit for 2015 significantly
2015 • Adjusted EBIT increased by 55 per cent to EUR 1.8 billion • Passenger airline profits doubled due to higher revenues and lower fuel costs • Germanwings and Eurowings make positive earnings contribution • Strong revenue and earnings growth at Lufthansa Technik and LSG SkyChefs • Dividend...
Lufthansa Group’s strategic realignment reaps first rewards
Nine-month Adjusted EBIT up 71% to EUR 1.7 billion / full year forecast refined to EUR 1.75 to 1.95 billion / Germanwings reached break-even / passenger airlines, Lufthansa Technik and LSG Sky Chefs all report significant increases in revenue and earnings