Carsten Spohr new CEO of Deutsche Lufthansa AG
The Supervisory Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG („Lufthansa“) has appointed Carsten Spohr as the future Chairman of the Executive Board & Chief Executive Officer during today’s meeting. The 47-year-old, who currently oversees the business segment Lufthansa Passenger Airlines in his capacity as board...
Lufthansa Group increases result in core business
• Operating result before restructuring costs and non-recurring effects increases to around EUR 860m in the first nine months of 2013
• Operating result, including restructuring costs and non-recurring effects, comes to EUR 661m for the first nine months (previous year: EUR 907m)
Lufthansa Group refines forecast for 2013: operating result between EUR 600m and 700m – adjusted for non-recurring effects, between EUR 900m and 1bn
• Operating result before restructuring costs and non-recurring effects increases to about EUR 860m in the first nine months of 2013
• Reported operating result, including non-recurring costs for the Score program and project costs for product improvements, comes to EUR 660m for the first nine...
Modern, quiet and environmentally efficient: Lufthansa Group orders 59 ultra-modern wide-body Boeing 777-9X and Airbus A350-900 aircraft
• 25 per cent less fuel consumption: Entry into the 2-litre class
• Reduction in noise footprint of at least 30 per cent
• Wider cabins and new opportunities for greater travel comfort
• Investment safeguards 13,000 jobs directly and more than 20,000 overall
• 20 per cent decrease in unit costs...
Lufthansa Group increases operating result before restructuring costs and one-off effects
• Operating result for first half-year 2013 up by EUR 233m after adjusting for restructuring costs and one-off effects
• Reported operating result falls to a good EUR 72m (previous year: EUR 235m)
• Forecast for the full year 2013 unchanged: revenue growth; operating profit up on reported...
Lufthansa shareholders vote on recommendations of the Executive Board and Supervisory Board at the Annual General Meeting
Shareholders forego dividend for 2012 / Annual General Meeting discharges Executive Board and Supervisory Board / New Supervisory Board constituted
Christoph Franz: “Shape the industry before it shapes you.”
Lufthansa’s Executive Board presents shareholders at the Annual General Meeting with 2012 financial figures and progress made with the SCORE program
Lufthansa Group reports solid business performance in the first quarter
Despite EUR 64m in restructuring costs from SCORE, the operating result remained stable at EUR -359m / Earnings outlook for the year unchanged
Lufthansa on course with its SCORE programme
• The Lufthansa Group increases revenue by 4.9 per cent to EUR 30.1bn in 2012
• SCORE delivers earnings contribution of EUR 618m in its first year
• Operating profit falls to EUR 524m (-36.1 per cent) due to higher fuel prices
• The Lufthansa Group expects to make further progress with SCORE and...
Lufthansa Group profitable in difficult environment
Operating profit in 2012 totals 524 million euros / Sale of equity investments lifts net profit to 990 million euros / Executive Board proposes to suspend dividend payment
Lufthansa Group continues to make headway with SCORE earnings improvement programme
• More than 2,500 SCORE projects launched
• About 800 SCORE projects already implemented
• Executive Board plans to close Lufthansa AG’s Cologne head office and the Norderstedt location of Lufthansa Revenue Services GmbH
• Lufthansa CityLine considering relocating its head office from Cologne to...
Lufthansa Group invests in modern fleet
Investment in the future: Executive Board recommends to Supervisory Board that Lufthansa purchase 108 aircraft for the entire Group / Focus on customer comfort and operational efficiency / The Group’s medium and long-term requirements for short and medium-range aircrafts will be met with Airbus and...
Lufthansa Group lifts traffic performance in 2012 with more effective capacity management
All the airlines in the Lufthansa Group significantly improved utilisation in 2012 through more effective and more flexible capacity management / Lufthansa, Germanwings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines carried around 2.5 million more passengers than in the year-earlier term
Lufthansa sells 3.61 per cent shares in Amadeus
Lufthansa Group's stake in Amadeus is reduced from 7.61 to four per cent / Gross proceeds of EUR 307m raised
Lufthansa launches placement of shares in Amadeus
3.61 per cent of shares in Amadeus IT Holding, S.A. offered for sale
Lufthansa and UFO trade union settle pay dispute for about 18,000 flight attendants
LH and UFO reach agreement on the basis of the final arbitration proposal / Two sides agree on sweeping structural reform of pay system / Agreement contains wide-ranging assurances on existing rights and job protection for employees
Lufthansa intensifies measures to improve earnings
Group reports operating profit for nine months of EUR 628m (previous year: EUR 724m) / Franz: “We don’t have the level of profitability we need.” / Lufthansa Group still expects an operating profit for the year in the mid three-digit million euro range
Lufthansa to build new logistics centre at Frankfurt
Supervisory Board approves investment at home base
Nomination Committee recommends succession for Lufthansa Supervisory Board
Wolfgang Mayrhuber and Karl-Ludwig Kley set to follow Jürgen Weber and Klaus Schlede
Lufthansa consolidates Germanwings and Direct Services in Cologne
Executive Board decides to merge Lufthansa Direct Services with Germanwings effective from 1 January 2013